Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements
The joint Australian, state and territory government Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) provide a range of financial assistance to the natural disaster-declared areas in each state or territory.
For the Tropical low and associated flooding which impacted the three (3) local government areas of Carnarvon, Derby-West Kimberley and Upper Gascoyne from 28 January 2021 onwards, the available assistance measures include:
- personal hardship and distress assistance
- demolition or rebuilding
- removal of debris
- personal and financial counselling
- counter disaster operations
- reconstruction of essential public assets
- interest rate subsidy to small businesses and primary producers
- freight subsidies for primary producers
For information on available recovery assistance, visit the Western Australia Department of Fire & Emergency Services website.
For further information on recovery arrangements, visit the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements 2018 page.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade will replace passports that have been lost or damaged in declared natural disasters free of charge.