Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements
The joint Australian, state and territory government Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) provide a range of financial assistance to the natural disaster-declared areas in each state or territory.
For storms and associated flooding in WA’s Midwest-Gascoyne and Pilbara regions the available assistance measures may include:
- personal hardship and distress assistance
- personal and financial counselling
- counter disaster operations
- reconstruction of essential public assets
- interest rate subsidy to small businesses and primary producers who have sustained direct damage
- freight subsidies for primary producers.
For information on eligibility and application visit the Western Australia Department of Fire and Emergency Services website.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade will replace passports that have been lost or damaged in declared natural disasters free of charge, visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.