Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements
The joint Australian, state and territory governments' Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) provide a range of financial assistance to the natural disaster-declared areas in each state or territory.
For the bushfires which commenced on 17 January 2017, the available assistance measures include:
- personal hardship and distress assistance
- restoration of essential public assets
- counter disaster operations
- concessional loans for small businesses, primary producers and voluntary non-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants for voluntary non-profit organisations.
For information on available recovery assistance, visit the Emergency NSW website.
For further information on recovery arrangements, visit the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements page.