The joint Australian, state and territory governments' Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) provide a range of financial assistance to the natural disaster-declared areas in each state or territory.
For the storms and floods which commenced on 30 August 2016, the available assistance measures include:
- personal hardship and distress assistance
- restoration of essential public assets
- counter disaster operations
- concessional loans for small businesses, primary producers and voluntary non-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants for voluntary non-profit organisations.
In addition to this, clean-up and recovery grants of up to $15 000 are also available for eligible primary producers in the LGAs of Bland, Bogan, Forbes, Lachlan, Narromine, Parkes and Warren.
For information on available recovery assistance, visit the Emergency NSW website.
For further information on recovery arrangements, visit the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements page.