Emergency Management Australia supports Australia's responses to emergencies, disasters and security incidents through;
- Managing the Australian Government Crisis Coordination Centre, the whole of government crisis information and operational coordination facility for onshore incidents (and supporting DFAT-led management of offshore incidents).
- Provision of Commonwealth relief and recovery funding to disaster affected individuals, communities and state/territory governments.
- Development and maintenance of national emergency plans and supporting capabilities including national doctrine, handbooks and exercise programs.
- Provision of security risk management advice for Australian high office holders, official establishments, foreign diplomatic and consular staff and premises, visiting Internationally Protected Persons and other international dignitaries and domestic/international major events.
- Provision of education, knowledge management and community engagement products and services to the emergency management sector.
- Provision of protective security education in support of the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework.
This website provides information on assistance for current disasters as well as links to previous disasters that have impacted Australians, both in Australia and overseas. Assistance from the Australian Government may be provided to aid the recovery of Australians most affected by an offshore or onshore disaster. In such cases, this website will have up-to-date public information messages, relevant free call numbers, information on Australian Government assistance packages and links to other relevant websites.